Here is a step by step tutorial for making a swimmable mermaid tail. Check out Video #2 for a demonstration of the tail in use!
Q: Where did you get your monofin and how much did it cost?
A: I got my Finis Tempo monofin online for about $50. Try ebay or searching on google.
Q: How did you make your top?
A: I covered an old swimtop with material.
Q: How do you get the monofin in and out?
A: You can either leave the bottom open and extend your fabric a few inches past the monofin, or just roll up the monofin and work it in and out.
Q: What is the material called and where do you get it?
A: It is just swimwear/dance material. You can find it at craft stores that carry a variety of fabrics. It comes in all kinds of colors and designs. Mine happens to be a teal hologram material. Jo~Ann fabrics is where I go.
Q: How much is the material?
A: Depends on which material you want. At JoAnns it is $15 a yard and 2 yards will make a tail.
DISCLAIMER: Always use proper supervision when swimming with your tail. Swimming with the legs bound together is very dangerous and should only be attempted by trained persons.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades