One of the drawbacks of synthetic, as opposed to human hair, wigs is that they can be difficult to style. Fortunately, while hair irons may be a no-go for styling synthetic wigs, you can get great results by submerging your wig in a container of boiling water.
This video tutorial demonstrates one of the many, many different ways to use boiling water to style synthetic hair. There are a lot of different types of synthetic wigs/extensions out there. Styling it this way is mainly for non-heat resistant hair, or synthetic fibers that are mixed with human hair. But you can still use it for high-heat resistant, and human-hair pieces too!!
As is mentioned in the video, if you aren't doing this for a wig and are just using this for extensions or a hair piece, you can just put a cup of water in the microwave until it's nice and hot. Once the water is hot enough dip the hair in the cup for a few seconds, and follow the same steps for drying/styling.
How long you leave the cup in your microwave depends on the microwave itself, but 5 minutes usually works. If it isn't hot enough just pop it back in there for a little longer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades